Jenniferlyn (JL) Chiemingo's Page
- I am a YOGA:
- My main yoga teacher / studio / style is...
- I teach exclusively at hauteyoga Queen Anne. I am also Director of Yoga at haute. I teach Power Vinyasa and a weekly Restorative class which includes gentle postures and guided meditation. In addition, I lead several workshops a year. Check out my schedule:
- Why do you 'do' (and/or teach) yoga.
- I was a TV News Producer for over a decade and could not conceive a child or frankly smile anymore. I needed a change when I realized I was happiest in Yoga Class. I moved cities, went through my first teacher training and the rest is history. I have been teaching yoga for nearly 10 years now.
- More about me & my (yoga) work:
- To energize, renew and free are words that describe Jenniferlyn Chiemingo’s (known to her 100s of students as “JL”) method of yoga practice. When you step away from JL’s Vinyasa class, you will always feel that you are entering into a better world. You will find her classes both challenging and spiritual.
JL first experienced yoga in northern California in 2000 when she was looking for a way to escape the daily stress from her job as a TV news producer. That was when yoga changed her life, literally.
In 2002, overcome by the power and benefits of yoga, JL decided to move her career from the newsroom to the yoga mat. She began her training at Kripalu, the largest yoga center in North America , with Integrative Yoga Therapy. After completing more than 200 hours of training, JL started her career guiding new moms through pre and postnatal yoga and helping cancer patients heal through yoga, meditation and pranayama.
Continuing her training with Shiva Rea in 2005 and 2007, JL embraced Vinyasa yoga. Through Vinyasa, she learned linking the breath with movement is powerful, energizing and cleansing. JL’s own Vinyasa style has evolved from amazing teachers like Shiva Rea, Seane Corn, Ana Forrest and Dharma Mittra.
JL lives with the two men in her life – Greg, her husband of 10 years and their son Ben, 7. She leads the community as an alumni lululemon athletica ambassador and Vinyasa teacher. With events like “Yoga & Chocolate,” “Live Music Yoga” and “Vino and Vinyasa” JL embraces both the seriousness and playful side of yoga.
Find her Fan Page on Facebook for schedule updates and fun!
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 11 August 2009 )
Jenniferlyn (JL) Chiemingo's Photos
Jenniferlyn (JL) Chiemingo's Videos